making friends (at American Museum of Natural History)
Sometimes you just feel Time rippling away.
You can see higher-res versions here.
Read Jayson Greene's Best New Music review of Atlas, the third album from indie rockers Real Estate. For even more on the new record, check out Larry Fitzmaurice’s feature on the band as well as the latest edition of the Pitchfork Podcast.
the pizza underground: macaulay culkin’s pizza themed velvet underground cover band (at Brooklyn Night Bazaar)
2013 was an absolutely phenomenal year for music. Narrowing down all of the great new stuff I’ve listened to over the past 12 months was a difficult task, but here are the albums I enjoyed the most:
- Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend
- FIDLAR - FIDLAR
- Psychic - Darkside
- Settle - Disclosure
- Reflektor - Arcade Fire
- Trouble Will Find Me - The National
- The Bones of What You Believe - Chvrches
- Repave - Volcano Choir
- Paracosm - Washed Out
- Wondrous Bughouse - Youth Lagoon
The rest in no particular order:
- Days Are Gone - Haim
- Random Access Memories - Daft Punk
- Night Time, My Time - Sky Ferreira
- Monomania - Deerhunter
- Immunity - Jon Hopkins
- Impersonator - Majical Cloudz
- No Blues - Los Campesinos!
- Anxiety - Autre Ne Veut
- Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
- Cupid Deluxe - Blood Orange
- We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic - Foxygen
- Cerulean Salt - Waxahatchee
- The Electric Lady - Janelle Monae
- Yeezus - Kanye West
- Hummingbird - Local Natives
2013 was a good year.
- most listened to albums of 2013
- favorite albums of 2013
These aren’t necessarily what I consider to be the “best” or most important albums that came out this year. They’re the ones...